Calling All Scottish Comedy Enthusiasts...
Are you the comedy punter’s voice of Scotland?
Think you could handle over 100 hours of comedy in two weeks?
Then you may have what it takes to be a Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award Panellist.
It could be you if you fit the following criteria...
Are you a regular visitor to live comedy?
Are you Scottish or have been resident in Scotland for more than 5 years?
Do you have bags of energy and up to the challenge of seeing over 60 shows?
Are you able to commit from 12 - 27 August 2011?
If so, you may be the person we are looking for...
As a judge you will be based in Edinburgh throughout the official dates. You will be expected to see at least 5 or 6 shows a day, feeding back daily your opinions as well as attend and contribute to the official panel meetings and process to find a winner.
In return you will be provided with stuffy venues, wet cobbles and plenty of lively debate, lots of laughs and of course accommodation, travel expenses, all show tickets and if you are lucky a few drinks and invites to the best parties.
If you think you fit the bill all you have to do is...
In approximately 350 words, tell us a bit about yourself and why you would be the best candidate and write 3 reviews on the most enjoyable comedy gigs you have seen since Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2010.
Entries to reach us by 22 June 2011.
If you are short-listed you will be required to attend an informal interview in London on either 07 or 08 July 2011.
The winner will be announced on 15 July 2011.Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be 18 or over,
- Entrants must be Scottish and be living or have lived in Scotland for more than 5 years.
- Entrants must be available full time and able to reside in or commute to Edinburgh from 12 - 27 August 2011
- Entrants must be resident of the UK only.
- The competition is not open to employees of the Festival Fringe Society, or anyone connected professionally to the comedy business (or would be critics or comedy writers).
- The prize is a position on the Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award Judging Panel for Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2011.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- The winner is selected by Award Director Nica Burns and the decision is final.
- The competition deadline for entries is 22 June 2011.
- The prize is non-transferable and there will be no cash prizes.
- There is no responsibility taken for entries lost, delayed or incomplete.
- The competition winner will be announced on 15 July 2011.