Improving D/deaf participation at the Fringe: we want to hear from you
06 November 2018
As part of the Fringe Society’s commitment to increasing the accessibility of the festival, we would like to talk to D/deaf participants and/or audience members. This would involve a focus group session so we can learn from D/deaf people’s expertise and experience in this area. Possible topics for discussion could include:
- Previous experience at the Fringe.
- The accessibility, and any issues, finding Fringe-related information.
- Technological resources at the Fringe.
- What shows appeal to you, and what shows (other than BSL or captioned performances) would be accessible for D/deaf audiences?
- What changes and/or strategies could increase D/deaf participation at the Fringe?
We would be delighted to invite attendees to Scottish Youth Theatre at 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow (view on map) for 10.30am on 14 November. The focus group will begin at 10.30am and shouldn’t last more than two hours.
Refreshments will be provided and we will pay all travel expenses.
If interested in attending please email email@example.com