The Fringe Society is the charity behind the Edinburgh Festival Fringe; an open access, non-programmed festival which is second only to the Olympic Games in terms of global ticketed events.
We were established by artists to act as the custodian of the Fringe and exist to support, advise and encourage everyone who wants to participate, provide information and assistance to audiences, and promote the Fringe and what it stands for all over the world. We manage the central box office, produce the official Fringe Programme, run several community initiatives to encourage involvement in the arts and run Fringe Central, the hub for Fringe participants in August. Every penny we receive goes back in to supporting Fringe artists and making sure the Fringe remains as open and accessible as possible.
The Fringe Society has a long history of partnership working and, as a registered charity, rely on the support and generosity of individual donors and corporate partners to deliver many of our initiatives. Our partners benefit from genuine association with the single biggest celebration of arts and culture on the planet, and a range of opportunities tailored to match key business objectives.
We can create bespoke sponsorship packages and partnerships that allow your brand to align with the biggest arts festival in world and create meaningful connections with new audiences.
We would like to invite you to support the work of the Fringe Society through our partnership opportunities.
- Brand association with the greatest celebration of arts and culture on the planet.
- Raised awareness – more tickets are issued for the Fringe than for the FIFA World Cup.
- Global reach – access artists and audiences from over 150 countries.
- Exclusive offers to help your business become part of the biggest celebration of creativity in the world.
- Being part of our mission to break down barriers for artists and audiences who want to perform or visit the Fringe.
- Being part of a world-renowned celebration of creativity that is a key contributor to the Scottish economy.
- Web, app, email bulletin and social media – we reached 1.3bn impressions and 168m accounts on social last year.
- Print and publications – the Fringe Programme is read by nearly 1m people each year
- Outdoor advertising – from 300+ venue boards to digital ads and sampling
- PR and experiential – we can give your audiences a taste of the Fringe
- Charitable giving – support local communities to access the arts through our Fringe Days Out programme.
Find out more
- Download Fringe audiences information (.pdf download)
- Download sponsorship case studies (.pdf download)
- Find out more about our current sponsors
We’d love to hear about your organisation and how we could work together. Tell us about your objectives, intended audience and timeline and we can tailor a sponsorship package specifically for you. Please contact Development Coordinator Elaine Keil on [email protected].
Trusts and foundations
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe welcomes the opportunity to build new partnerships with trusts, foundations and public funders from all over the world.
Your support can help us in the following key areas:
- Accessibility - Removing barriers - physical, social and financial - to attendance and participation in the Fringe.
- Outreach - Maintaining links with communities across Edinburgh through our Fringe Days Out programme.
For details on how your trust or foundation can make a difference, please contact Development Manager Fiona Carr or call +44 (0)131 240 1913.
Offer participants discounts
The Fringe Central programme – aimed at and distributed to all registered Fringe participants – also features a selection of discounts and offers from Edinburgh businesses available exclusively to them during the Fringe.
The selection of available discounts and offers is vetted by the Participant Services team according to the criteria outlined below. Expressions of interest from Edinburgh-based businesses for inclusion in the Fringe Central programme can be submitted until the 20 March 2019 but please note that registrations of interest do not guarantee inclusion in the Fringe Central programme.
For general guidance, the discounts or offers must:
- Be deemed to be of genuine value and usefulness to Fringe participants during August
- Be unique and only obtainable by registered participants showing their Fringe pass
- Represent a monetary or percentage discount
- Be available to all Fringe participants, including those without a UK bank account
If you would like to receive more information about the discount scheme, please email [email protected] to register interest.