The Fringe Society is the charity behind the Edinburgh Festival Fringe; an open access, non-programmed festival which is second only to the Olympic Games in terms of global ticketed events.
We were established by artists to nurture and uphold the Fringe's values of inclusivity, experimentation and imagination; we exist to support, advise and encourage everyone who wants to participate, provide information and assistance to audiences, and celebrate the Fringe and what it stands for all over the world. We manage the central box office, produce the official Fringe programme, run several community initiatives to encourage involvement in the arts and run Fringe Central, the hub for Fringe artists in August. Every penny we receive goes back in to supporting Fringe artists and making sure the Fringe remains as open and accessible as possible.
The Fringe Society has a long history of partnership working and, as a registered charity, we rely on the support and generosity of individual donors and corporate partners to deliver many of our initiatives. Our partners benefit from genuine association with the single biggest celebration of arts and culture on the planet, and a range of opportunities tailored to match key business objectives.
We can create bespoke sponsorship packages and partnerships that allow your brand to align with the biggest arts festival in the world and create meaningful connections with new audiences.
We would like to invite you to support the work of the Fringe Society through our partnership opportunities.
- Brand association with the greatest celebration of arts and culture on the planet.
- Raised awareness – there were more tickets issued for the 2019 Fringe than for the FIFA World Cup (and we happen every year!).
- Global reach – audiences from over 130 countries attended the Fringe in 2022, with artists from over 60 countries performing.
- Exclusive offers to help your business become part of the biggest celebration of creativity in the world.
- Being part of our mission to break down barriers for artists and audiences who want to perform or visit the Fringe.
- Being part of a world-renowned celebration of creativity that is a key contributor to the Scottish economy.
- Web, email bulletin and social media – from June to August 2022 our website recieved over 36million page views, from 2.5million users. Our audience mailing list is sitting at 120k subscribers, and we have 190k Twitter, 196k Facebook and 98k Instagram followers.
- The Fringe programme – back by popular demand in 2022, 175k copies will be printed and distributed in 2023.
- Outdoor advertising – c. 250+ venue boards to digital ads and sampling.
- PR and experiential – we can give your audiences a taste of the Fringe.
- Charitable giving – help us break down barriers to participating in and attending the Fringe.
Find out more
We’d love to hear about your organisation and how we could work together. Tell us about your objectives, intended audience and timeline and we can tailor a sponsorship package specifically for you. Please contact us on [email protected].
Trusts and foundations
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe welcomes the opportunity to build new partnerships with trusts, foundations and public funders from all over the world.
Your support can help us in the following key areas:
- Accessibility - Removing barriers - physical, social and financial - to attendance and participation in the Fringe.
- Outreach - Maintaining links with communities across Edinburgh through our Fringe Days Out programme.
For details on how your trust or foundation can make a difference, please contact our Development team on [email protected] or call +44 (0)131 226 0036.
Offer artist discounts
The Fringe Central programme – aimed at and distributed to all registered Fringe artists – also features a selection of discounts and offers from Edinburgh businesses available exclusively to them during the Fringe.
The selection of available discounts and offers is vetted by the Artist Services team according to the criteria outlined below.
For general guidance, the discounts or offers must:
- Be deemed to be of genuine value and usefulness to Fringe artists during August.
- Be unique and only obtainable by registered artists showing their Fringe pass.
- Represent a monetary or percentage discount.
- Be available to all Fringe artists, including those without a UK bank account.
If you would like to receive more information about the discount scheme, please email [email protected]m to register interest.