The Fringe Society want to do everything we can to support Fringe artists and partners during this time.
In place of our usual Fringe activities, we’re working on several projects intended to provide support for Fringe participants and keep the spirit of the Fringe going until we meet again in 2021.
FringeMakers - join the crowdfunding platform for Fringe participants
AJ Bell Fringe on Friday - raise funds by ticketing a weekly livestreamed variety show
AJ Bell Fringe Pick n Mix - upload your clips to the video streaming platform
Virtual Fringe Central - connect and collaborate with other Fringe participants
Fringe Marketplace - showcase tour-ready work to arts industry delegates
Fringe Society show registration and box office services had to be suspended due to the Covid-19 situation. In response to this, we've created a listings platform where Fringe participants can signpost to activity which they are planning for August. Some conditions and criteria apply.
In the absence of a physical festival, we're launching Fringe Marketplace, a dedicated digital showcase platform to connect international arts industry delegates with tour-ready artists who were programmed as part of this year’s Fringe.
Fringe Marketplace will launch later this summer and is aimed at creating vital opportunities for an industry crippled by Covid-19. It will connect industry and artists while creating opportunities for peer review and future commissioning.
Get bulletins on these and other opportunities for Fringe participants as they're announced.
Resources and links
Financial support and funding for artists
- Creative Scotland
- Arts Council England
- GOV.UK’s Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Third Sector Resilience Fund
- Wales Artist and Freelancers Coronavirus Fund
- PRS Foundation – PRS for Music Emergency Relief Fund
- Help Musicians’ Coronavirus Financial Hardship Fund
- Nesta’s Arts & Culture Impact Fund
- Gordon Fraser’s Charitable Trust
- Esmee Fairbairn Foundation’s Current Strategy (deadline 03/04/2020)
- Radcliffe Trust
- Edinburgh University Community Grants Fund
Additional listings of support funds and grants can also be found on these sites:
- Art Work Archive
- Artist Trust
- Artist Resource
- Creative Capital
- Creative Industries Foundation
- Leapers (for freelancers)
- Royal Shakespeare Company
- Springboard for the arts
- Theatre Support