Who can use the Arts Industry Office?
Our office is here to support arts industry members with a professional interest in the Edinburgh Fringe, particularly those who engage with the festival as part of their plans to develop onward touring / presentation opportunities, commissions and partnerships. These could include industry members such as:
- venue and festival programmers
- TV and film industry professionals
- agents and artist representatives
- industry members using the Fringe for professional networking.
Accrediting with the Arts Industry Office
To access our services, we ask industry delegates to accredit with our office and submit all the information we’ll need to support them during August. We recommend that you accredit with the Arts Industry Office if you:
- are engaging with the Fringe as an arts industry professional
- have a proven capacity to book or programme work professionally
- have a proven capacity to commission work or offer other significant professional arts development pathways for artists such as screen adaptation opportunities, arts fellowships etc
- are an established producer able to support an artist to platform their work in future
- are an established agent seeking new clients.
If you would like more information and guidance on accreditation, please check our guidance on how to accredit. Accreditation for Fringe 2023 will open on Thursday 11 May.
There are several ways we can support you in the lead up to and during the 2023 Fringe:
Fringe Marketplace is an online platform created to connect programmers, presenters and commissioners with professional artists and tour-ready work at the Fringe.
The purpose of the platform is to help you find work that fits your programming specifications and to make the Fringe a valuable platform for artists seeking onward touring opportunities.
Complimentary ticket request service
Arts industry members who have accredited with the Arts Industry Office will have access to our complimentary ticketing request service, enabling them to see a greater range of relevant work and connect with work and artists for whom they are able to create tangible onward touring opportunities or professional development pathways.
Complimentary ticketing will open in June 2023.
Fringe Connect is our year-round online social network and events space for artists and arts industry professionals. It's where we team up with exciting partners to host discussions and provocations around new creative practices, social and political issues and hot topics for our industry, and provide advice on all things Fringe.
In the lead up to and during August we host a variety of online and in-person discussions and events to support industry, including:
- artist networking
- arts industry networking
- provocations, panels and workshops
- weekly newcomers’ drop-in sessions
- opportunities to share show recommendations with peers.
You can access events outside Fringe time on Fringe Connect.
At Fringe Central we offer support on all aspects of participating in the Fringe, as well as practical services for those visiting the Fringe such as access to computers, printing and free wifi.
The Arts Industry Office is based out of Fringe Central during August, and we can provide support and services including:
- providing your industry pass and welcome pack
- information on events for both industry and artists
- any other in-person support to help you make the most of the Fringe.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FRINGE CENTRAL
Get in touch
We have a dedicated team year-round who are keen to support industry in engaging with and navigating the Fringe. Here are just a few ways we can help:
- If you’re coming for the first time as an industry professional and looking to understand the Fringe and what to expect.
- One-to-one in-person support (appointments available on request) in the lead up to and during the festival.
- Support connecting with artists and companies presenting at the festival.
- Helping identify work that fits your programming criteria.
- Information on shows and artists that are interested in touring.
- Guidance navigating our systems and platforms.
You can reach us by emailing [email protected] or call +44 (0)131 240 1902 and let us know how we can help!
If you have any issues accessing any of our Arts Industry online platforms, please get in touch with: [email protected]
If you have any questions about Fringe Connect or how to navigate it, please get in touch with: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!