Fringe Young Writers' Award
The Fringe Young Writers’ Award, open to young people aged 16 to 21, will be given for the best review of a 2018 Edinburgh Festival Fringe show by a young writer. The winner of the award will receive mentoring from arts writers at The Scotsman and paid work as part of the paper’s review team at the 2019 Fringe.
Award applicants should submit a review of any 2018 Fringe show and entries will be considered by a panel of judges, made up of leading arts journalists.
How to enter
Entries to the competition can be submitted online from 09:00 BST on Monday 06 August 2018.
Terms and conditions
- The competition opens at 09:00 on 06 August 2018 and closes at 17:00 BST on 18 August 2018 with the winner being announced on 25 August 2018.
- Entrants must be aged between 16 – 21 when the review is submitted.
- Reviews must be of a show listed in the official Fringe Programme and of a performance the reviewer has seen at the 2018 Fringe.
- Reviews can be a maximum of 400 words, or a four-minute audio file or vlog.
- The judges' decision is final.