The 2017 trading dates are the same as the Fringe dates, 04 to 28 August, with trading ending early on the final day of the festival.
There will be an early finish on the final day to assist Fringe Society staff packing stalls away for storage. The exact time will be confirmed in trader contracts but is usually 17:00.
There are three hiring periods within the trading dates for traders to choose from:
- Period 1: Friday 04 – Sunday 13 August (10 days)
- Period 2: Monday 14 – Sunday 20 August (7 days)
- Period 3: Monday 21 – Monday 28 August (8 days)
This means if you are changing site your changeover day will be Sunday. You may choose to trade for one or two periods only or for the full festival. If you select 'full festival' you will be allocated a stall for each period of the Fringe i.e. two periods on the High Street and one on The Mound.
If applying for the full festival, you will be allocated a stall for each period of the Fringe i.e. two periods on the High Street, one period on the Mound. You will be charged based on the rates shown below. Please note, due to availability, it may not always be possible to provide you with your preferred full festival locations, in which case you will be allocated what is available and charged accordingly.
Those selecting to trade for one or two periods will be allocated stalls on either of the two sites and will be charged accordingly. Traders may request specific weeks but not specific sites. The Fringe will then allocate stalls to successful applicants. Traders unhappy with their allocation may pull out at this stage.
The price of trading will depend on the site and the week allocated.
High Street stall hire - Daily rate: £82 + VAT
- Period 1: Friday 04 – Sunday 13 August (10 days) £820 + VAT
- Period 2: Monday 14 – Sunday 20 August (7 days) £574 + VAT
- Period 3: Monday 21 – Monday 28 August (8 days) £656 + VAT
Mound Precinct stall hire - Daily rate: £68.25 + VAT
- Period 1: Friday 04 – Sunday 13 August (10 days) £682.50 + VAT
- Period 2: Monday 14 – Sunday 20 August (7 days) £477.75 + VAT
- Period 3: Monday 21 – Monday 28 August (8 days) £546 + VAT
- Pitch and covered stall provided by the Fringe Society.
- Trestle table.
- Shared use of a storage container (available on High Street only).
Our arts and crafts markets are an integral part of the Fringe Street Events and take place on West Parliament Square and the Mound Precinct throughout the Fringe. Attracting huge numbers of tourists, performers and promoters from all over the world, there is no doubt the centre of the festival makes an excellent trading location.
Please click on the images below for diagrams of last year's market layouts.
It is possible that the market layout will change shape on both the High Street and The Mound but we will post more news about this as it becomes available. We will ensure stalls have the best possible location within the new layout.
Corner stalls on both sites will be expected to keep two sides open.