As an integral part of activities on the High Street, we are looking for stallholders who will fit with the nature of the event. Our aim is to put together a market selling a diverse range of original, handmade, high quality goods, designed and made by the traders themselves.
The selection criteria are as follows:
- STRICTLY only designers / makers should apply.
- Applicants can only make one application.
- Applicants must be able to prove that they have made all products by hand, themselves. Any products mass-produced or imported will not be considered.
- Allocation of stalls in previous years will not influence the decisions of the selection panel.
Please note - in the case of jewellery applicants we make an exception to the rule that all products must be made by the trader. We understand that some jewellery traders will outsource some of their product lines to other manufacturers for practical reasons. As long as these products are all the trader’s unique designs and a proportion of the products sold are 100% made by the trader, the application will be considered.
It's important that you are clear and honest about this when applying and give us details such as:
- What product lines are manufactured elsewhere.
- How you ensure your products are ethically produced.
- How you maintain the integrity of your work.
Products must be:
- Deemed of a high quality and demonstrate an original use of materials.
- Presented attractively within the stall space.
- Meet The City of Edinburgh Council’s trading standards – see CEC website.
A preliminary list of the terms and conditions of trading at the Fringe Street Events is provided below. Confirmed terms and conditions for 2018 will be detailed on the final trading contracts.
Please be aware there are only 30 stalls so it is not possible to accommodate everyone. We expect to have a high number of applications so please ensure your products meet the above requirements.
Application process and dates
02 March - Applications open to traders on edfringe.com. All applications must be made electronically.
20 April - Application submission deadline – all applications must be completed online by 18:00 to be considered.
04 May - Traders who do not meet the basic criteria will be informed and their applications will not be taken forward. At this point, Traders who meet the basic criteria will be asked to submit samples or further information.
21 - 25 May - Traders are notified whether they have secured a stall.
15 June - Deadline for contracts to be signed and payments made.
Market registration form
You have to apply to run a market stall at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Applications are now closed for 2018.
If you have a question about an existing application or any other questions about the markets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org