About the 2018 competition
Schoolchildren across Scotland were given the opportunity to design an official poster for the 2018 Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- One winner was selected from each age category resulting in 3 official posters for 2018.
- Each of the 3 winners received £150 cash prize and £150 Arts & Culture voucher.
- The winner's schools also received a £250 cash prize and £250 Arts & Culture voucher.
- Victoria Primary in Edinburgh were awarded the Creative Stars award in partnership with Dynamic Earth.
- An additional 14 regional winners were selected to take part in the prize-giving and final exhibition.
- Over 140 other shortlisted entries are also included in the final exhibition.
- Winners were selected by our panel of expert judges.
Creative Stars award
The Creative Stars award was given to an individual pupil, teacher, class or school who go the extra mile in creating their Fringe poster design.
In 2018 the winners were Primary 6 pupils from Victoria Primary School in Edinburgh who created a cityscape comprised of paintings of Edinburgh as a background and 3D clay models representing different parts of the city and the festival. Once their artwork was complete they held an exhibition in their classroom to show the rest of the school their designs. The judges loved how the class immersed themselves in the project and thought that their designs show how the Fringe reaches out over the whole of Edinburgh and reflect how the city comes alive with creativity. The pupils and their teacher Mr Leonard were presented with a certificate and a Golden Ticket pass for Dynamic Earth at a special award ceremony.
Previous winners of the award were Castlebrae Community High School Lunchtime Art Club.