Welcome to the Participant Area
Are you planning to bring a show to the next Edinburgh Festival Fringe
(07 – 31 August 2015), or to manage a venue? Then you’re in the right place!
Browse the menu on the left to find out everything you need to know about taking part in the Fringe:
Planning your show takes you through the steps of organising a show at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, which are set out by month in our planning calendar. Here you'll also find everything from tips about finances, finding a venue and accommodation (including a full property listing directory) to information on licensing, sponsorship, environmental considerations and accessibility.
- Find out if the Fringe Society is coming to a city near you in one of our upcoming roadshows. These panel discussions include top tips from industry experts and are an excellent way to kick-start your planning.
Registering your show has details of the fees and deadlines for registering a show on the Fringe using Edfringeware, the Fringe venue and show registration system, and information about the ticketing options available to you.
Promoting your show is full of helpful advice to help you sell your show at the Fringe, including information about media, marketing and awards.
Your time at the Fringe has everything you'll need to know for August, including box office information and details of our audience and professional reviews policy.
Touring and professional development has information to help you how to showcase your act to international programmers, agents, promoters and bookers from all over the world. It has tips and guides on networking, fundraising, touring and approaching promoters.
Street events contains information and registration details for anyone wanting to take part in the vibrant Virgin Money Street Events.
Market Traders has information for anyone who'd like to register as a trader at the Fringe arts and crafts markets.
Venue management is for anyone who currently runs or is interested in running a venue on the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Useful resources is full of handy things like the Fringe guides, our podcasts and recordings, FAQs, the participant services directory, and a list of useful contacts. You can also sign up for participant bulletins for important updates straight to your inbox.
- Roadshows are a great way to find out more about bringing a show to the Fringe - find out if we're visiting a city near you!
As a starting point, these guides and resources cover all the major aspects of bringing a show to the Fringe:
- The Fringe Guide to Doing a Show
- The Fringe Guide to Choosing a Venue
- The Fringe Guide to Selling a Show
- The Fringe Guide to Registering a Show
- The Fringe Guide to Running a Venue
- The Fringe Guide to Registering and Managing your Venues
- The Fringe Guide to Sustainability
- The Fringe Programme Production Style Guide
- The Fringe Guide to Adapting A Show