Open call for 2019 Fringe Central events
The Fringe Central Events Programme is part of the service the Fringe Society offers to all those registered at the Fringe and delivers a series of professional development workshops, seminars, discussions and creative labs throughout the month of August. We are currently looking for expressions of interest for the 2019 Fringe Central Events Programme.
Services and facilities
Fringe Central is available to any and all performers, producers, company members, arts industry or members of the media wanting to make use of our services and meet up with fellow Fringe participants.
Find us at Fringe Central, Appleton Tower, corner of Windmill St and Chapel St, EH8 9LE (view on map)
- Staff to give you advice on all issues including your marketing and media campaigns and how to make the best use of the development opportunities at the Fringe for yourself and your show
- Free networking opportunities, workshops, discussions, talks and events
- Participants’ Discount Scheme – Fringe Central passes entitle you to access our Participants Discount Scheme including offers from various businesses around Edinburgh
- Reduced rate rehearsal space (see booking information below)
- Free Wi-fi
- Computer terminals with internet access (there is a £2 charge for log-in which lasts the month)
- Photocopying (nominal fee applies)
- Printing (nominal fee applies)
Services for Participants
If you are a participant or performing company whose show has been registered by their venue, this information is for you.
Download The Fringe Guide to Services for Participants for information on how registered participants can engage with the Fringe Society and our services.
Fringe Central has a variety of spaces available for private hire at extremely reasonable rates. Full details will be available here ahead of the Fringe.
Professional development events
The Fringe Central Events Programme is designed to help you make the most of the world's largest arts festival by providing events to expand your skills, meet new people and gather all the information you need to develop and enhance your career.
The full range of events includes workshops, panels, drop-in sessions and discussions, presented by the Fringe Society in partnership with a range of organisations who are specialists in their field.
Fringe Central Twitter
Follow @FringeCentral on Twitter during the Fringe for up to date information
Fringe Central partners
Each year we partner with a number of artists, organisations and companies to provide Fringe participants with stimulating, informative and inspired free event throughout the month of August.