Join us for our first ever Fringe Disabled Access Day 2019
13 June 2019
On Saturday 13 July the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society is hosting a Disabled Access Day at our shop and box office on the Royal Mile, to show how customers with access requirements can get the most out of the Fringe.
Our access bookings team will be on hand to say hello, explain our services and help book tickets on the day. They’ll also provide info on how to find accessible performance information on our website.
The access tickets service is available to anyone who:
- requires extra assistance when at a venue, including avoiding waiting in queues and busy environments
- has specific seating requirements
- would like to book specific accessibility services, eg a hearing loop, audio description headsets, captioning units or seating in relation to the location of the BSL interpreter
- requires specific accessibility information for each venue
- is a wheelchair user
- requires a complimentary personal assistant ticket to attend a performance.
There will also be opportunities to:
- try out the Neatebox Welcome app, which makes it easier for users to let us know when they’re coming to the Fringe and what access requirements they have
- find out more about our sensory backpacks and how to #MakeYourFringe if you’re autistic
And, as a final cherry on top, we’ll also be offering 10% off at the Fringe Shop all day long.
Fringe Disabled Access Day will take place at the Fringe Shop and Box Office, 180 High Street, from 10:00 – 18:00 on Saturday 13 July.