The Fringe Society is the charity behind the Edinburgh Festival Fringe; an open access, non-programmed festival which is exceeded only by the World Cup and Olympic Games in terms of global ticketed events.
We were established by artists to nurture and uphold the Fringe's values of inclusivity, experimentation and imagination; we exist to support, advise and encourage everyone who wants to participate, provide information and assistance to audiences, and celebrate the Fringe and what it stands for all over the world. We manage the central box office, produce the official Fringe programme, run several community initiatives to encourage involvement in the arts and run Fringe Central, the hub for Fringe artists in August. Every penny we receive goes back in to supporting Fringe artists and making sure the Fringe remains as open and accessible as possible.
The Fringe Society has a long history of partnership working and, as a registered charity, we rely on the support of corporate partners to deliver many of our initiatives. Our partners benefit from genuine association with the single biggest celebration of arts and culture on the planet, and a range of opportunities tailored to match key business objectives.
We can create bespoke sponsorship packages and partnerships that allow your brand to align with the biggest arts festival in the world and create meaningful connections with new audiences.
- Brand association with the greatest celebration of arts and culture on the planet.
- Raised awareness – there were over 2.4mn tickets issued for the 2023 Fringe.
- Global reach – audiences from over 170 countries attended the Fringe in 2023, with artists from 67 countries performing.
- Being part of our mission to break down barriers for artists and audiences who want to perform or visit the Fringe.
- Web, email bulletin and social media – in the year to September 2023 our website received over 38mn page views from 3.7mn users. Our audience and artist mailing lists reach a combined 145k subscribers, and we have 191k X (formerly Twitter), 203k Facebook, 122k Instagram and 50k TikTok followers.
- The Fringe programme – 175k copies were printed and distributed in 2023.
- The Fringe app was relaunched in 2023 and generated 1.5mn sessions from 144,000 users.
- Outdoor advertising – get your brand noticed in iconic locations across Edinburgh.
- Activations – create a unique pop-up activation to showcase your products and services to the extensive Fringe audience.
- Experiential – give your clients or staff a taste of the Fringe.
- PR – benefit from the association with the Festival Fringe and work with our team to create a meaningful and impactful partnership.
- Charitable support – utilise CSR budgets and help us break down barriers to participating in and attending the Fringe.
Find out more
Get in touch
We’d love to hear about your organisation and how we could work together. Tell us about your objectives, intended audience and timeline and we can tailor a sponsorship package specifically for you. Please contact us on [email protected].
Join the Network: contribute to the ongoing success of the Fringe and enjoy the benefits.
Our Network Friends are a collective of passionate performing arts enthusiasts who want to share the extraordinary world of the Fringe with their clients and colleagues. The support we get from our Network Friends helps our charitable work with performers and audiences attending the Fringe, such as mental health support, accessibility improvements and career development opportunities for artists.
Becoming a Network Friend means that you are part of the collective dedicated to improving and celebrating the Fringe.
Advertise with us
Advertising with the Fringe offers businesses the opportunity to reach a huge, diverse and culturally aware audience.
The Fringe Central programme – aimed at and distributed to all registered Fringe artists – also features a selection of discounts and offers from Edinburgh businesses available exclusively to them during the Fringe.
The selection of available discounts and offers is vetted by the Artist Services team according to the criteria outlined below.
For general guidance, the discounts or offers must:
- Be deemed to be of genuine value and usefulness to Fringe artists during August.
- Be unique and only obtainable by registered artists showing their Fringe pass.
- Represent a monetary or percentage discount.
- Be available to all Fringe artists, including those without a UK bank account.
If you would like to receive more information about the discount scheme, please email [email protected] to register interest.
Trusts and foundations
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe welcomes the opportunity to build new partnerships with trusts, foundations and public funders from all over the world.
Together, we can improve support for artists, access and community engagement to give anyone a stage and everyone a seat. We deliver a wide range of activities that focus on mental health, developing emerging artists, measuring impact and helping young people and marginalised groups engage with performing arts.
For details on how your trust or foundation can make a difference, please contact our Development team on [email protected] or call +44 (0)131 226 0036.