- Are you an artist thinking of bringing a show to the Fringe? Check out our guides and resources for artists at the Fringe.
We support participants at every stage of their journey, from taking their first steps, to providing advice and guidance during the festival itself at Fringe Central.
- Our Artist Services team offers guidance and support around the practicalities of bringing a show to the Fringe, from finding a venue and booking accommodation to immigration guidance, music licencing and much more.
- Our Artist Development team offers one-to-one support for artists to create career goals and navigate the opportunities available for professional development at the Fringe, as well as hosting networking and skill building events for artists.
- Our Arts Industry Office exists year-round to provide services to arts industry professionals from all over the world, maintaining the Fringe's reputation as the world's most significant arts marketplace where Fringe artists can further their careers and achieve success after the festival.
- Our Communications and Marketing team promote the festival as a whole, generating increased attention and ticket sales. Media and marketing advice is also available to registered shows, including one-to-one meetings and feedback on press releases.
- Our Community Engagement and Learning teams work to provide paid opportunities for Fringe artists to engage with community groups and schools in Edinburgh outside of Fringe time.
We provide services to support artists during August and throughout the year, and campaign and lobby vigorously on their behalf.
Making the Fringe more affordable
We are working hard to make the festival more affordable for artists:
- Show registration fees have been frozen for nearly two decades.
- We are seeking to increase the availability of affordable accommodation options through partnerships with accommodation and transport providers, including Queen Margaret University, Lothian Buses and ScotRail. We're also continuing to lobby key decision-makers and policy-makers on behalf of artists.
- We support artists to grow their audience and box office income while exploring affordable ticketing options to help audiences see as much work as possible, irrespective of their budget. We now rebate a percentage of booking fee income directly to venues and artists.
Give someone a stage
Help the Fringe Society to support artists, assist audiences and make the Fringe more environmentally sustainable.
Together, we can give everyone a stage and anyone a seat.