Advice for Fringe venues
Government support resources
- Latest government advice about coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Guidance on the government’s coronavirus job retention scheme
- Information on the government package of measures including delaying VAT Payments and employee support
- Scottish Government Coronavirus Support Fund
- Additional support for businessess provided by the Scottish Government
HMRC phone helpline to support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to Covid-19. The helpline provides businesses and self-employed individuals with practical help and advice: 0800 0159 559. For those who are unable to pay due to coronavirus, HMRC will discuss your specific circumstances to explore:
- agreeing an instalment arrangement
- suspending debt collection proceedings
- cancelling penalties and interest where you have administrative difficulties contacting or paying HMRC immediately.
The helpline number is 0800 0159 559 (additional to other HMRC phone contact numbers). Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 to 20:00, and Saturday 8:00 to 16:00. The helpline will not be available on bank holidays.
- The government’s coronavirus action plan provides detailed information about the government’s response.
- The government has put a range of support in place for those who do not receive statutory sick pay, including universal credit and contributory employment and support allowance.
- ACAS has published information for employees and employers, including simple steps to help protect the health and safety of staff.
- Businesses can access a range of finance through the government-owned British Business Bank, visit the Bank’s Finance Hub for further information.
- A number of private lenders are also making funds available to small businesses impacted by Covid-19, including £2 billion from Lloyds Banking Group, £5 billion from NatWest and £7 billion from Barclays.
If you have a query that isn’t covered by this guidance you can contact the Business Support Helpline.