Thousands of industry professionals from across the arts and screen sectors visit the Edinburgh Festival Fringe to discover talent, book work and network with peers from across the globe at the world’s largest arts marketplace.
The Fringe Arts Industry team provides year-round support and guidance for industry members who are looking to find talent, programme work and connect with other industry professionals.
Accreditation for Fringe 2023 is now open!
Who can use the Arts Industry Office?
Our office is here to support arts industry members with a professional interest in the Edinburgh Fringe, particularly those who engage with the festival as part of their plans to develop onward touring / presentation opportunities, commissions and partnerships. These could include industry members such as:
- venue and festival programmers
- TV and film industry professionals
- agents and artist representatives
- industry members using the Fringe for professional networking.
Accrediting with the Arts Industry Office
To access our services, we ask industry delegates to accredit with our office and submit all the information we’ll need to support them during August. We recommend that you accredit with the Arts Industry Office if you:
- are engaging with the Fringe as an arts industry professional
- have a proven capacity to book or programme work professionally
- have a proven capacity to commission work or offer other significant professional arts development pathways for artists such as screen development opportunities, residencies, arts fellowships, etc
- are an established producer able to support an artist to platform their work in future
- are an established agent seeking new clients.
If you would like more information and guidance on accreditation, please get in touch with us via [email protected]. Accreditation for Fringe 2023 is now open!
There are several ways we can support you in the lead up to and during the 2023 Fringe:
Fringe Marketplace is an online platform created to connect programmers, presenters and commissioners with professional artists and work that’s ready to be shared beyond the festival.
The purpose of the platform is to help you find work that fits your programming specifications and to make the Fringe a valuable platform for artists seeking onward touring opportunities. Fringe Marketplace provides programmers with more detailed show information to help give a sense of scale, marketing and technical particulars and target audiences.
It is the home of our accredited Arts Industry Directory where you can see and connect with other arts industry professionals engaging in Fringe 2023.
Fringe Marketplace will go live on 08 June ahead of Fringe 2023.
Complimentary ticket request service
Arts industry members who have accredited with the Arts Industry Office as a programmer with a proven track record of buying work will have access to our complimentary ticketing request service, enabling them to see a greater range of relevant work and connect with companies and artists.
Complimentary ticketing will open on 08 June 2023.
Navigating the Fringe programme
Our team is here to support industry members navigate the world’s largest performing arts programme and help them to discover work. If you have specific programming requirements or you just want to broaden your horizons, you can email our team at [email protected] with your specifications and we can create a bespoke list of shows that match your criteria and interests.
Fringe Marketplace, our online industry-facing platform, also profiles the ready-to-tour shows presenting at the festival and allows you to filter and navigate them based on your programming requirements.
We'll be announcing further updates on how we can support your Fringe engagement – accredit with the Arts Industry Office to hear about them first!
TV and film industry
With notable past Fringe-to-screen achievements such as Fleabag, Baby Reindeer, Our Ladies, Beats, Big Boys and many more, the Edinburgh Fringe offers an incomparable opportunity to discover original voices and IP rich with potential for screen development and adaptation.
Screen Fringe will return in 2023 with a new programme of activity and support specifically for professionals from the TV and film industries. Accredit as a screen delegate with the Arts Industry Office or email [email protected] to find out more.
Arts Industry Office @ Fringe Central
The Arts Industry Office is based out of Fringe Central during August, and we can provide in-person support and services including:
- providing your industry pass and welcome pack
- information on events and networking opportunities
- advice on where to access free Wi-Fi and desk space
- programme advice and recommendations
- any other in-person support to help you make the most of the Fringe.
Stay tuned for further updates on Fringe Central 2023.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FRINGE CENTRAL
In the lead up to and during August we host a variety of online and in-person discussions and events to support industry, including:
- artist networking and pitches
- arts industry networking
- provocations, panels and workshops
- weekly newcomers’ drop-in sessions
- opportunities to share show recommendations and advice.
You can access events outside Fringe time on Fringe Connect.
Fringe Connect is our year-round online social network and events space for artists and arts industry professionals. It's where we team up with exciting partners to host discussions and provocations around new creative practices, social and political issues and hot topics for our industry, and provide advice on all things Fringe.
Get in touch
We have a dedicated team year-round who are keen to support industry in engaging with and navigating the Fringe. Here are just a few ways we can help:
- If you’re coming for the first time as an industry professional and looking to understand the Fringe and what to expect.
- One-to-one in-person support (appointments available on request) in the lead up to and during the festival.
- Support connecting with artists and companies presenting at the festival.
- Helping identify work that fits your programming criteria.
- Information on shows and artists that are interested in touring.
- Guidance navigating our systems and platforms.
You can reach us by emailing [email protected] or call +44 (0)131 240 1902 and let us know how we can help!
We look forward to hearing from you!