Matt Trueman and Sam Friedman win Allen Wright award
Journalist Matt Trueman has been named winner of the award for best review and joint winner along with Sam Friedman for best feature in the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society’s Allen Wright award.
The prize, which is set up to award young arts writers received more than 60 entries.
Matt’s feature, Clown School on clowning first appeared in Fest Magazine.
There was a special citation for Fest magazine’s Evan Beswick who came incredibly close to being placed in both the features and reviews categories. Evan’s submitted an interview with playwright David Greig in Nuclear Summer, and In Perfect Harmony, an interview with Barbershopera. Evan also submitted reviews for The Trench and As of 1.52pm GMT on Friday April 27th 2012, This Show Has No Title
The shortlist for features was made up of:
- Evan Beswick for features Nuclear Summer and In Perfect Harmony
- Tom Hackett for Doctor’s Orders and Monstrous Ambition
- Ben Judge for Material World
- Sarah Sharp for The Economist: An interview with Van Badham and Presidential Suite: A Modern Fairytale
- Yasmin Sulaiman for Bridging The Divide and The Next Big Thing
The shortlist for reviews was made up of:
- Evan Beswick for reviews of The Trench and As of 1.52pm GMT on Friday April 27th 2012, This Show Has No Title
- Gemma Flynn for reviews of Paul Foot: Kenny Larch is Dead and Mary Bourke: Hail Mary
- Malcolm Jack for Alan Bissett: The Red Hourglass and Carl-Einar Häckner: Handluggage
- Lois Jeary for Monkey Bars and Bigmouth
- Yasmin Sulaiman for The Curious Scrapbook of Josephine Bean and Sh*t Faced Shakespeare
- Daniel B Yates for Morning and Mark Thomas: Bravo Figaro
For information on all of the 2012 Award Winners, visit our 2012 Award Winners page which will be updated throughout August.