2017 Schools Poster Competition regional winners announced
22 May 2017
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society have announced the 14 regional winners of the 2017 Fringe Schools Poster competition.
238 classes from 187 schools across Scotland entered the competition with over 5,500 pupils submitting unique designs. With so much creativity on display, it was incredibly difficult for the judging panel to select the winners. The regional winners are:
- Emmanuel Famakinwa, 5, Robert Gordon's College - Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and Moray
- Georgia Foster, 11, Tayvallich Primary School - Argyll and Bute
- Aaran Brodie, 11, Wellington School - Ayrshire and Arran
- Tanya Parker, 6, Kirkcudbright Primary School - Dumfries and Galloway
- Darcie Bartle, 12, Carnoustie High School - Dundee and Angus
- Robbie Goddard, 11, George Heriot's School – Edinburgh
- Zander Watson, 7, Mountfleurie Primary School – Fife
- Lucy Graham, 12, Dunblane High School - Forth Valley
- Amelia Dennehy, 12, Dunblane High School - Forth Valley
- Christie Burns, 12, Kelvinside Academy - Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Archie Morrison, 5, Sir E Scott School - Highlands and Islands
- Eve Hanson, 13, Linlithgow Academy - The Lothians
- Millie Wishart, 10, Tingwall Primary School - Orkney and Shetland
- Arryann Duncan, 14, Blairgowrie High School - Perth and Kinross
- Lauren Taylor, 16, Galashiels Academy - Scottish Borders
Their winning creations can be viewed at the Schools Poster Competition gallery.
A special prize giving ceremony will take place on 05 June 2017 at Dynamic Earth where each of the regional winner is invited, with their teacher and families, to be presented with their certificates. The top three winners will also be announced at the prize-giving celebration where the official 2017 Programme covers will be revealed.