Registration for Fringe 2023
Show registration for the 2023 Edinburgh Festival Fringe is now open
To register, you need to have a confirmed contract with your venue in place. Your venue will let you know if you should register with us directly, or through their own channels.
If you are registering your own show, you can do this via our online platform, Edfringeware:
Remember, if you have used Edfringeware before then you can just sign in with the same credentials. If you're brand new to Edfringeware please register as a new user.
We've produced some resources to assist you with the registration process:
- Download the Fringe guide to registering a show in Edfringeware
- Browse the 2022 Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme for ideas on formatting your show copy.
If you have any questions relating to show registration, you can email our Registration team on [email protected].
As part of the process the Fringe Society team will proof your show information, for consistency and fairness we use the Fringe style guide to do this:
Registration deadlines and show reveal dates
Key programme deadlines
There are two main deadlines for having your show listing included in the Fringe programme.
- The early-bird discount deadline is 17:00 BST on Wednesday 08 March 2023.
- The final deadline for inclusion in the print programme is 17:00 BST on Wednesday 05 April 2023.
After the printed programme deadline, registration will close while the team proof all registered shows for the final document, and will re-open for web-only listings from Monday 29 May. At this point shows can be listed on the website within 10 working days of approving their show proof, beginning from early June.
On-sale and sign-off deadlines
Once you have registered your show and signed off your listing for inclusion in the Fringe programme, it can be listed online and, if ticketed, go on sale. This can happen on one of three on-sale dates ahead of programme launch:
|Company sign-off date||On-sale date|
|On-sale 1||Monday 06 February||Thursday 16 February|
|On-sale 2||Monday 20 March||Thursday 30 March|
|On-sale 3||Tuesday 18 April||Thursday 11 May|
Programme launch: Thursday 08 June 2023
- Once you complete the registration process, it can take up to 10 working days for our team to get back to you with a proof of your show listing for you to sign off.
- If you want to be included in a specific on-sale, we recommended registering at least 10 days before the sign-off date.
- If you register on a sign-off date, you will not be included in the very next on-sale date.
Fees for registering an in-person show
|Run type||Registration price|
(1 or 2 performances)
(£80.00 excluding VAT)
(3 – 5 performances)
(£170.00 excluding VAT)
(6 or more performances)
|Discount rate £295.20*
(£246.00 excluding VAT)
|Standard rate £393.60
(£328.00 excluding VAT)
(20 June onwards – listing on edfringe.com only)
(£246.00 excluding VAT)
*The discount rate applies to any show that registers by the early-bird deadline for inclusion in the printed programme.
Fees for registering an online-only show
|On demand or scheduled.||£96.00
(£80.00 excluding VAT)
Registration fee instalment option
We offer a staggered payment plan available to those who would benefit from not having to pay the full fee due all at once, at the point of registration. If you are interested in this option, then please check your eligibility for the scheme via the form below:
- You have completed the show registration form, are ready to submit with all required fields filled, and all the information you have provided is final and ready to print.
- You agree to a set of fixed instalment dates on which payments must be received.
- If you fail to make the payments as agreed, we will cancel your show registration and refund all monies received up to that date.
Where will your show listing appear?
Inclusion on each of our platforms puts your show in front of one of the most eager and engaged arts audiences in the world. By registering, your listing will be included in the following:
- Official Fringe 2023 printed programme (Deadline for inclusion Wednesday 05 April 2023)
Launching 08 June 2023
Early-bird discount deadline for inclusion in the printed programme: Wednesday 08 March 2023
Deadline for inclusion in the printed programme: Wednesday 05 April 2023
Take a look at previous printed programmes
The first show release date is Thursday 16 February 2023.Audiences can browse shows and buy tickets through our website. Last year, it received more than 36 million page views between June–August.
- Your show listing on the official Fringe app (currently in development for 2023)
Further details will be released as development continues.
Value of registration
Your registration fee gives you access to all of the services offered by the Fringe Society during August, including:
All year round
Whether you have a registered show with the Fringe Society or not, the below services are open to everyone, all year round:
Standing up for artists
Income from registration fees and other sources also allow the Fringe Society to support artists and the wider cultural sector more broadly:
How your registration fee helps others
Your registration fee helps fund all of the above services that support artists to come to the Fringe, as well as the collaborative work we do with partner organisations to ensure that artists’ race, disabilities or socio-economic background don’t form a barrier to participation.
Registration Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the terms and conditions of registering a show with the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society. These can also be found on Edfringeware at the point of show creation.