Registering your show
Edfringeware is our show and venue registration system. Registration for the 2016 Fringe will open early in the new year. In the meantime, you can learn more about bringing a show to the Fringe and about registration in particular by reading our Fringe Guides, and you can contact us with at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
2015 details for reference only - Please note that the following details have not yet been updated for the 2016 Fringe and are provided for refeference only.
2015 Show Registration Fees
We were delighted to announce that for the 8th year running registration fees were frozen for 2015 so remained the same as in previous years year. Your registration fee gives you access to all the Fringe Society services to help you make the most of the festival.
The fees for registering shows online and in the Fringe App for 2015 were:
- Full run - (6 or more performances, discount rate) - £295.20 (£246.00 excl VAT)
- Full run - (6 or more performances, full rate) - £393.60 (£328.00 excl VAT)
- Limited run (3 to 5 performances) - £204.00 (£170.00 excl VAT)
- Limited run (1 or 2 performances) - £96.00 (£80.00 excl VAT)
* The discount rate applies to full run registrations made before the discount deadline (17:00 GMT on 11 March 2015) or after the printed programme deadline.
If planning to register a show for the 2016 Fringe and are looking for ideas while formatting your show copy, you may find it useful to refer to the 2015 Edinburgh Festival Fringe Programme.
2015 Early on sale dates
The first shows of 2015 went on sale through our website on Thursday 29 January, and additional shows were added each month until programme launch. The full set of onsale dates are:
- 29 January (the deadline for approval to go on sale on this date is 23 January)
- 17 February (the deadline for approval to go on sale on this date is 09 February)
- 10 March (the deadline for approval to go on sale on this date is 02 March)
- 07 April (the deadline for approval to go on sale on this date is 26 March)
- 11 May (the deadline for approval to go on sale on this date is 24 April)
- 21 May (the deadline for approval to go on sale on this date is 12 May)
- 04 June (Full 2015 programme launch)
Your show must be approved by both the company and the venue by the deadline for a corresponding on sale date. Please allow a minimum of 10 working days between registering your show with the Fringe Society and an approval deadline. This will allow us enough time to check your registration, produce a proof of your show listing for you to sign off and ask your venue for their approval.
There is a step-by-step guide to the registration process in our Fringe Guide to Registering a Show which you can use while completing the form or before your start to help you gather all the information you’ll need. There is online help text available in edfringeware. You might also find it useful to refer to the 2014 Edinburgh Festival Fringe Programme.
During the registration process, we may amend your show copy to bring it into line with our style guide as necessary. For further information about our style guide, please refer to the Fringe Programme Production Style Guide.
Your registration fee gives you access to all of the services offered by the Fringe Society, which include:
- access to facilities and professional development events at Fringe Central, our participants’ centre, in August
- bespoke advice about how to manage your media and marketing campaign from our Media Office
- individual advice from our participant development service to identify what you hope to get out of the Fringe and help you make the right contacts, whether you are interested in touring your show or more personal career development
- year round support on all aspects of your Fringe visit including choosing your venue, legal and licensing issues and information for international companies
- your show listing and image online at www.edfringe.com and in the Fringe app for iPhone and Android