These awards are open to comedy shows - please see the details of each award for entry specifics and sub-genres.
Amused Moose Comedy Award
The Amused Moose Comedy Award seeks out breakthrough comedy talent who are yet to become well known (so could be said to be 'almost DVD ready'), who have their own solo or group/sketch show at the Edinburgh Fringe.
- Winner - The Kagools – The Kagools and Momentum Artist Management – Just the Tonic at The Caves
- The People's Champion Award - Ian Smith: Snowflake – Bound & Gagged Comedy – Underbelly Med Quad
- Outstanding Comedy Awards - Rob Kemp: The Elvis Dead – Rob Kemp Heroes / PWYW – Heroes @ Monkey Barrel
The Barry Awards (Comedian's Choice Awards)
The Barry Awards are a transparent set of New Comedy Awards to be presented every year at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. They will be voted on by the Comedy Performers from that year's fringe, for Comedy Performers at that year’s fringe.
- Best Show - Mat Ewins Presents Adventureman 7: The Return of Adventureman – Bemused Goose Comedy – Heroes
- Best Performer - Rob Kemp – Rob Kemp: The Elvis Dead – Rob Kemp Heroes / PWYW – Heroes
- Best Person - Bob Slayer – Bob Slayer: Whatever Next? – Heroes of Fringe / PWYW – Heroes
Dave's Funniest Joke of the Fringe
Dave’s Joke of the Fringe Award is open to both established and up-and-coming comedians and is now in its 10th year. Named Broadcast Digital Awards’ Entertainment Channel of the Year for 2016, Dave once again pays homage to the wealth of talent on offer at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe whilst shining a spotlight on the individual jokes, not just the performances.
- Ken Cheng - Ken Cheng: Chinese Comedian
- Frankie Boyle - Frankie Boyle: Prometheus Volume I
- Alexei Sayle - Alexei Sayle
- Lew Fitz - Mojo and Lew Fitz: Let You In
- Andy Field - The Andy Field Experience
- Mark Simmons - Mark Simmons: One-Linerer
- Jimeoin - Jimeoin: Ridiculous
- Ed Byrne - Ed Byrne: Spoiler Alert
- Olaf Falafel - Olaf Falafel Presents: The Marmosets of My Mind
- Alasdair Beckett-King - Alasdair Beckett-King: The Alasdair Beckett-King Mysteries
- Angela Barnes - Angela Barnes: Fortitude
- Adele Cliff - Adele Cliff: Cliff Notes
- Phil Wang - Phil Wang: Kinabalu
- Adam Hess - Adam Hess: Cactus
- Tim Vine - Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
The Edinburgh Comedy Awards
The lastminute.com Edinburgh Comedy Awards are much-loved live comedy awards, often dubbed as the unofficial "Oscars of Comedy". Every comedy performer is eligible and there is no shortlist; a panel of judges decides on the winning acts.
The panel bestow three different awards: ‘best comedy show’, given to the most outstanding up-and-coming, funny, original, comedy show or act; ‘best newcomer’ for the performer or act who is staging their first full-length show (50 minutes or more); and the ‘panel prize’, a new award that celebrates the show or act that has most captured the comedy spirit of the Fringe.
Founded in 1981, the awards enjoyed a 25-year relationship with sponsors Perrier (which previously lent them its infamous name). They are now known as the Edinburgh Comedy Awards, and are sponsored by lastminute.com. For more information visit Comedy Awards website.
2017 Best Show winner
- Hannah Gadsby – Nanette - Hannah Gadsby - Assembly George Square Theatre
- John Robins: The Darkness of Robins - Phil McIntyre Entertainments - Pleasance Courtyard
2017 Best Newcomer winner
- Natalie Palamides: LAID - Soho Theatre - Pleasance Courtyard
2017 Best Show nominees
- Ahir Shah: Control - Soho Theatre in association with Avalon - Laughing Horse @ Cabaret Voltaire
- Elf Lyons: Swan - Mick Perrin Worldwide in association with Dawn Sedgwick Management - Underbelly Med Quad
- Jordan Brookes: Body of Work - Show And Tell / Free Festival - Pleasance Courtyard
- Mae Martin: Dope - Show And Tell / Free Festival
- Mat Ewins Presents Adventureman 7: The Return of Adventureman - Bemused Goose Comedy - Heroes @ The Hive
- Sophie Willan: Branded - Bound & Gagged Comedy, UTC Artist Management and Contact - Pleasance Dome
- Spencer Jones: The Audition - Spencer Jones / United Agents / Soho Theatre - Heroes @ Monkey Barrel
2017 Best Newcomer nominees
- Chris Washington: Dream Big (Within Reason) - Chris Washington - Just The Tonic at The Mash House
- Darren Harriott: Defiant - CKP and ROAR Group present - Pleasance Courtyard
- Ed Night: Anthem for Doomed Youth - Mick Perrin Worldwide by arrangement with Troika - Pleasance Courtyard
- Kwame Asante: Open Arms - CKP and ROAR Group Present - Pleasance Courtyard
- Lauren Pattison: Lady Muck - Live Nation in association with United Agents - Pleasance Courtyard
- Lucy Pearman: Maid of Cabbage - United Agents and Plosive Productions - Heroes @ Monkey Barrel
- Rob Kemp: The Elvis Dead - Rob Kemp Heroes / PWYW - Heroes @ Monkey Barrel
The Malcolm Hardee Award
The annual Awards are in memory of Malcolm Hardee, one of the most anarchic figures of his era, a great influence on British comedy over the last 25 years and the Godfather to a generation of comic talent.
The Comic Originality Award is for performers who, in the opinion of the judges, have not yet been given the attention they deserve and who have potential for continual development. The winning act does not need to have the potential to become a major mainstream star. It is an award for people who deserve to succeed and who deserve to have their potential recognised and nurtured but who have not yet received their due recognition.
For more information on the Awards contact: email@example.com